Benefits of Laser Cutting?
Laser cutting has been used since the 1970s. Initially it was used for sign-making, mainly to laser cut acrylic. Since then laser cutting has been adopted and adapted by virtually every industry and is now a significant part of the manufacturing process.
Our sheet metal laser cutting machinery delivers a range of benefits:
- Compared to punching it gives a superior edge finish that requires no de-burring or finishing
- Lasers can cut complex shapes without the need for tooling
- Speed is comparable or faster than other profile cutting methods
- Localised heat distortion is reduced
- A polished edge finish can be achieved on stainless steel using a nitrogen assist gas
Why is laser cutting so popular for cutting sheet metal?
- Achieves a far more accurate cut part
- Easy to repeat and deliver outstanding consistency
- Achieves exceptional levels of detailing
- Can process a wide range of materials
- Fast and efficient
- Ease of changing parts (particularly when compared to hard tooling, etc)
- The lack of physical contact during the process
- Small heat affected zone
call 0115 9269649, contact us by email or enquire online.